Challenges is I dont need to improve the World Generation by Much. Chapter 12 of CE improvements I need to make are the following:
1) World Types - roll for the World Type (2D6-2)
Terrestrial (Silica/Rock worlds), Ocean/Ice (Not to be confused with Ocean covered, where liquids make up the mantle), Gass Dwarves/Giants, and Rare world on a 1/36 (not representative of rare worlds).
In billions of years gravity makes stuff into a sphere, the densest elements sink to the center,
The basic Write up for each world type and its role in the Economy and what it would be like on the surface - a if this is the PRIMARY world then it tends to be for X purpose. Gas Giants as a primary world is for its gas mining, Ice worlds are for the frozen volatiles it keeps, Desert worlds its relative habitability if its atmosphere is near 1atm, etc....
IMPACT on ORBITAL launches and landings. ICE worlds, Gas Giants/Dwarves, Terrestrial Worlds, etc...
2) Roll for the Size of the World - this determines the radius, gravity, and significance in the system. That MASS is the major driver for a system. Mass determines how much of the orbit is clear of asteroids, how massive the planet has become, the complexity of planets composition, the asteroids it intercepts, etc... gravity reminds me of Like-to-Like magic.
3) Human Habitability determiens how much infra exists in the World already if the world is naturally inhospitable or how far from earth like it is if there is within the same terrestrial category.
Write up for Habitability per World Type as well as the provisions and infra needed.
no more hydrography, nor atmospherics, type and mass kinda determines these early on.
Stuff I couldnt fit in:
1) Stellar Mass and Type. this determines the orbits, goldilox zones, the distance of Gas giants, total mass of asteroid zones.
2) More detailed world building beyond Mass, Type, and Habitability. I'm making this for the ORBITAL aspect of the Shipbuilding booklet. Its necessary that all the planets that are DIFFERENT are different.
SCOPE AKA WORK
1) the write up of the planets 20 hours. key details being "What do PCs encounter in this world" not just the Mono Climate zones of earth.
2) A spreadsheet that calculates the Radius based on the Density of a Planet type. Earth is pretty dense at 5.5 metric tons per cubic meter = 5.5g/cm^3 (benchmarks are <1 for gasses, water is 1, 2-4 for rocks/silica, 7 for iron, T/mT) . estimate is 20 hours.
On hiatus because of the many end of the year work wrap up. Hope to resume after Jan 8 2022.