Thursday, June 29, 2023
Friday, June 23, 2023
Progress in the Ship Combat Rules. June and May was a busy month as Nicco's other job and all the social occasions and holidays cut into the production time. I just got the final yesterday and Nicco is proceeding to work on some Company Stuff (a presentation for people who are getting our IT services).
I on the other hand will be polishing some missing areas and doing the last editing before this is published. As well as creating the AI and Blender made art. And AI and Blender Art (using Blender as the image to image references).
(IT implementation with scheduling problems - I have to schedule AI training so that people suffer less Decision Fatigue in Planning - people avoid planning because it gives them decision fatigue but because they avoid planning, they have a lot of Unplanned work and cannot give Timeline Commitments, USING Ai to organize Tasks with Bard and GPT3.5 is going to be critical. Decision burnout happens when Sequencing Tasks and priorities, creating prompts for Critical Chain and Path for the AI to help supervisors will be crucial. We are looking at a future where market forces are dehumanizing people to rely on AI to perform executive mental functions. If AI can be used to reduce decision fatigue and manage it, particularly by making people have thoughtful yet engaged work).
List of Fixe Preliminarily
- Review the Whole Document.
- Clarify the Point Defense. - Particularly design goals. Current CE space combat system missle Saturation is the dominant strategy, everything serves the support of the missile barrage. Defense in Depth is uneconomical when I try to model the ships I would need vs the cost. (Just target the destroyers/Screening elements first). MNEME changes this putting more emphasis in Point defense and Defense in Depth, and skirmishes are not as decisive but the economic burdens of material replacement can make for strategic wins - This Allows PCs to win by Guile and allow Underdogs to Win. Which is what it was designed for - the GM may not know what they are getting into when using the "Stock" Ship combat rules and the implications - Mneme helps by showing its numbers and helping the GM craft a suitable set of goals for how they think Space Combat would run or take our recommendation.
- Clarify the Differences Between other Space Combat Systems. Used to shape expectations so people dont go expecting something they shouldnt.
- Example: Ship Combat Ends when the Scale of the Battle changes. Example - Ends when Boarding happens, example Dog fighting changes time scale.
- Copy Paste the Ship Stats from 230501-04 RAW CE SHIPS as the spreadsheet will be shared for people to be able to quickly make detailed ship stats that can be easily copy and paste - a strange bug makes it you have to copy paste first in Docs and Copy Paste in Docs to Roll20. Don't worry all buyers will have a the GDOC copy of the Book for their own Edits and Changes so that when they use it in their game they can Remove and edit portions they didnt agree with.
- Kit Bash some Ships and research if I can afford the time to create MAPS of these all these ships.
"Does this sound reasonable: In a Less Decisive Space Combat System - where overwhelming force is not as Decisive (just because they have more Missile Cruisers) then PCs shine? This is because if its less decisive, then Strategic Positions matter more and this is Where PCs do missions, gather intel, scout, network, etc... But in a Decisive Space Combat system - it focuses more on having the firepower? (Something for the AI and I to analyze; the Game Mechanics should make the GM's Job easier - and doesn't get in the way of Narrative Consistency - allowing the GM to fudge and improvise more).
If the space combat is not Strategically Sensitive - supply chains, logistics, politics, etc... PCs can tip the scales. and thus PCs matter."
Experimenting with Blenders's FreeStyle - the feature that draws Lines. Is it easier to make ship maps with Blender or Draw them by hand? Nicco already made modular Ship parts for me. And I made Kitbashes of ships using Mark Kingsnorth for this and just aligning them would just be all what I need.
This is an additional Cost I cannot afford, I went 3x my budget in making the 2 Parsecs from Sol - Making the FreeBees. I'm bleeding as a loss in every project. Because Its not really sustainable at this level of quality and my requirements. I want a GM out there to say " Hey I want easier to run Combat, I want a Hardish Scifi Traveller - enough for my Entry level science abilities, I want an easier to run Space Combat. I want ships that I can easily copy paste into Roll20. I want the people to design it thinking I will have to do less preparation." (Seeing Seth Skarkowski's videos give so much helpful prep material). Right now I'm in a hole for 5x what I spent. I just tell myself I'm spending on making books instead of buying books 😅 - I feel more fulfilled. The dream is to do this full time while work is stressing me out.
But knowing enough of the economics that for this - I gotta be like a Louis Rossman -audience - a lot of DIYers who like the tools and the philosophy. He's not mainstream. and that's the problem: How can you make a niche hobby break even when there really is a only a minority who is interested. Hopefully my IT services will help support my hobby as it will help us Buy the Graphic Cards I need to set up the AI lab in our data center. And considering how much marketing LR does, its going to be a costly hobby with no break even. I should just think of what I'm willing to spend on the hobby and accept that. In this day and era with rocket inflation and lowering quality of life as Cost of living increases - if I invest in a game that makes a few people happy - its not a bad life.
Sunday, June 18, 2023
Wednesday, June 14, 2023
The VR headset Apple announced is masterful, and my wife knows me as an apple hater despite having an IPAD (and the reason is because of my Right to Repair beliefs). One of the lessons from Apple is that - they focused on a USE case and for the Scifi Prophets out there - the Screen Replacement or Vision Re-imagining.
Meta should be thankful, they have the Supply Chain to follow Apple. Supply chain - is a big deal because it takes years to set up. Meta is the closest to Apple in positioning for this technology. Now Apple pointed out - VISION - use it for VISION!
Replacing Screens and Slowly creating immersive environments by having the highest fidelity is the high End market that is Experienced Based Products. Apple is correct in point out the use cases - the 3d Recording of Family moments and Taking the Machine out and recording your Beach, Forest, and Travel is going to be a source of new Influencers - This has been PREDICTED already in various scifi where people IMMERSE in VR and people experience things others have.
Even the normal person - the non geek knows how great this is. And they are willing to pay good money for it.
What does that mean to a TRPG gamer: With a Powerful Wearable Computing hardware to process Vision and AI able to TRANSCODE signals directly to our Visual Cortex - CYBERNETIC VISION. the blind able to see. (See news on AI brain signals)
Exercising the Eyes - if you follow Sci show by Hank Greene you may be inclined to the hypothesis that its reading and indoor conditions that resulted in Nearsight and if you've sat through your eye doctors explanation - then you may realize that VR allowing me to ENLARGE Distant objects allows my eyes to exercise and maintain the lense muscles that is needed to mitigate my vision loss.