There are Some problems in SPACE combat in CE I hope to address. Designing things in a way that 1-2 hours of games that
- can be fast,
- easy to visualize and narrate,
- and filled with actions - Players don't have "Dead AIR" the mechanics always give Agency to the Players. Dont take turns away from players (an Old design relic that punishes players in older game design).
- The ship has to have maneuverable/pivotable thrusters.
- How is the fighter going to dock?
- How will it change Vector? Yaw, Pitch, Roll, Bank?
- 2-Crew is an important aspect of combat, I'm surprised most fighter ships default at 1. Mechanics that make PCs valuable give PCs roles in combat.
- I want to make the ship practical in my Harder Scifi game.
- I have to try out modeling first before I realize how to better PLAN a design. Its really more complicated because I have to plan how to avoid ngons/non-quad faces.