The Saturn-V is a great sample rocket.
Its performance and Stats are readily available and its a great baseline since we want our performance to be compared against this Iconic rocket.
Things that is not in Wikipedia are the following:
- The Total Volume is 414 Dtons or as big as a Fat Trader except that 90% is Propulsion instead of the 10-20% of a Fat Trader is Fuel.
- As a Baseline I start modifying the % of propulsion at a given TL.
- the Acceleration which we can get is 1.3Gs
- I like how the rocket hovering Illustrated a 1G thrust vs 1G effect = Hovering.
- The Context of how its not the Performance of the Rockets that Improved over time but the Reliability. Their Thrust to Mass Ratio was roughly to 70-80. Comparing the 196B Shuttle Program 1.4B per launched (135 launches, 2 failures and partial failures) vs 49B Apollo Program with 4.7B per Launch.