- it should be able to PUSH/TENDER an asteroid (burrowing to get near the center of mass of an asteroid when pushing).
- it should be able to Carve Out CHUNKS from a larger asteroid.
- it should be JUMP with an asteroid (burrowing to get near the center of mass of an asteroid).
- It should be able to alter the asteroid's spin, if any.
- It should deflect the trajectory of an asteroid or its chunk - so using a gravity well, it will push an asteroid to alter its course towards the direction it needs. It also will convert the mass of the asteroid into FUEL.
- The whole asteroid is useful, inspired by Delta-V (Daniel Suarez) and Seveneves (Neil Stephenson). The economics of intrastellar space is a lot of material.
- Ships are really more of drives pushing large chunks of material. FUEL - be it chunks of ICE or an asteroid with Volatiles - why do I need precious tonnage enclosing some stable fuels instead of being economical with my resources.
- Boring Body to have a GRIP on the asteroid and possibly affect its rotation using the nacelle drives.
- Nacelle drives, C-rated J and M and Power plants
- 2- Mining Drones 10DT each with umbilical.
- The control center and bridge is modular, and not part of the drill body. It will adjust to allow more of the boring hull into the Asteroid.
- 72DT of fuel and it can process the Asteroid for Fuel.
if you like our work check out our products in DrivethruRPG