Used GURPS vehicles and ISW to sketch out the ideas. This is something I wanted to know when I decided that I'll keep reaction mass. and Change how travel works. To make this decision work I needed to know what kind of shuttle can ships hold. this 5dton or 70cubic meter TL9 20m shuttle seems to kinda make it.
- Fusion Rockets that do not Perform as Good as baseline Traveller M-Drives. GURPS ISW kinda got it at 50 tons of thrust per 1 ton of Mdrive. In GURPS Vehicles the TL10 fusion rocket is about 40 tons of thrust per 1 ton of rocket engine.
- This means A space ship stays in space and cannot enter Gravity wells they do not have enough delta V to escape from. Which means
- Space Stations - which because of the Expanse (Audio books) I've gotten equipped to run.
- Gravity Well Infra of mass drivers, space elevators, and sky hooks will dressing of many worlds.
- A lot of moving Reaction Mass as part of essential business. A lot of TL9 - Children of the Dead-Earth Ships. If I hand wave the need for reaction mass - all these types of ships and radiators disappear from the setting.
- All ships need a Taxi'ng vehicle that moves them from space to plannet. Ideally a small enough vehicle that mass drivers and sky hooks can hurl.
- Jump Drives double as a Warp Drive. just handwaving that the Jump Drive allows ship to x10 their Accel.
- I haven't figured out Radiators and Heat Management.
A quick Sketch of a Shuttle.
Post a Comment