Problem Statement:Total Cost of Ownership of a Particular Range of Manufacturing is too expensive. By Too expensive at the current business models, many markets are underserved and cannot experiment or fill niches because it's too expensive to use current methods to satisfy that market. If the starting Capital can be reduced then more innovation can be achieved and NEW ideas can arise and challenge the existing paradigms.
Studies in LEAN, TPS, QMS and AGILE.
You see the Trend in CPUs with RISC and the need for Right to Repair and Open Standards. Imagine Modular Single-Board-Computers (Like Rasberry Pis and the other SBCs that came in its wake) being the basic component. Imagine not buying a New Desktop, but buying a Mother Board that SLOTS in a number of SBCs that meet an OPEN REPAIR standard.
- 2010's the Maker Movement and Open Workshops
- 2020's the Reusable Launcher makes 0G Manufacturing more plausible.
- 2025 Micro and Modular Factories like Arrival Enter the market.
- 2025 Satelite Internet is Affordable at 100usd/mo at 200mbps anywhere around the world - with Oneweb Starlink and China's Constellation allowing high Tech infra anywhere.
- 2030 More Modular Micro Factories are adopted, You see them being built in China and India. China, India, and Japan ventures to ASEAN, USAN and Africa Group. India (example is the Mahindra Group) and China
- 2035 the Catch up of Developing countries like Indonesia and Philippines to the rest of southeast Asia (the 20-year gap shortens to 15-year gap). Vietnam, Thailand, and Malasia cooling. The Demographics of skilled labor and Comparative advantage and trade - major environmental and economic setbacks created more opportunities for some of these countries as some Gov'ts attempt a turnaround.
- 2035 Micro Modular Factories raise the level of technology in Developing Countries - Countries who lost the major Production to other countries can now have Local production (Example Vietnam becoming the manufacturing hub in South East Asia , the other Countries can now have a smaller car and heavy industry manufacturing).
- 2050 Localized Manufacturing. the Maker movement is not just in Developed countries - maker spaces and some franchising of such Workshops have begun to spring up. From bootleg repairs and Open Standard Repairs - the E-wastes have been greatly reduced and being reversed - Landfills are being scrounged for E-waste. This varies depending on the country, but many developing countries have rapidly growing Local Manufacturing.
- 2080 Low Earth Orbit Manufacturing
Help support us by Buying Mneme Variant Combat Rules
The current Project is a Hard Scifi Cepheus Engine Compatible Setting inspired by Daniel Suarez Delta-V, Artemis and the Martian by Andy Weir, Expanse, Seveneves by Neal Stephenson. Making adventures in the Near Future - 2050+ based on my work experience in a Developing Country (Philippines) and how the world will be very different and much the same.