- They dont need fins because there is no atmosphere.
- They need maneuvering thrusters, typically with leverage to the center of mass. The center of mass.
- The missiles are:
- small 1.5m x .15m
- medium 2m x .2m
- large 3m x .3m
- very large 5m x .5m
- the DeltaV is % so a Ship with 50% of its volume in fuel has as much delta-V as a similar vessel if they are the same Efficiency. For the Mneme missiles have 50-60% fuel. 10% hull and shielding. 20% engine. 20% Payload. 25kms in TL 9/12 (9 is CE and 12 is Mneme Tech Level).
- Missiles can be Liquid FUEL and thus reusable - aka Probes and Drones.
- Missiles with SOLID FUEL are not reusable but have 3-10x the delta V. 75-250kms
- Did you see how many SMALL missiles can fit in 1 dton? FULLY filled it can fit actually 310 but there is supposed to be some allowance per dton!?
Is this procrastinating? Maybe, I don't really know.
I was guessing about the missiles and the weapons. Now I have models to see if they fit. Blender tells me the volume and I can just get the dtons. Even if I give allowances for access.
I wanted to stat the missiles. Just HMG 12mm, Rotary 20mm, small medium and large missiles are enough for the scenario. I didn't know where to start.
Now I have a lot of questions that I need to answer. Like missile Rate of Fire. if they all have the same delta V whats the advantage of getting bigger missiles?